The GTMC's Hotel and Apartment Strategy Group plays a leading role in monitoring and advising on the development of consistent accommodation booking procedures and standards within the accommodation industry worldwide. This group improves understanding of different brands within various accommodation partner products by creating opportunities for members to increase their knowledge along with experiencing the product itself.
- Gather credible statistical data to show scope of accommodation booked through TMC's in the UK and globally giving insight to market trends and booking channels
- Ensure all segments of the accommodation industry are represented in the partner programme; hotels, apartments, content providers and emerging sectors.
- To work with accommodation, payment and technology partners to modernise the Hotel Bill Back process, improving the customer experience at check in and resolving the costly processes of invoice collection.
- Monitor & share new developments in the accommodation sector including the rapidly growing sharing economy accommodation providers
- Promote and assist GTMC with the development and communication of the GTMC hotel and apartment programme and directory
Typically, participants in this Strategy Group are Supplier Relations Managers, Hotel Product Managers, Heads of Customer Service, CEO's and Managing Directors drawn from the GTMC Membership. This group gives you the opportunity to meet with accommodation and technology partners, OTA's and aggreggators and payment partners, to understand the hot topics and trends of the day and to play a part in influencing change and driving improved standards.
You can access the latest Hotel & Apartments Strategy Group minutes and reports here.